Wednesday, November 21, 2012

My little dragonfly

SO while I was pregnant with my daughter butterflies seemed to follow me everywhere.  It got to the point where we called her butterfly princess, I saw way more butterflies then I had ever seen before. Even now every birthday she has, butterflies flying all around her.  She has some connection with butterflies, its pretty cool, and totally explainable.  This time around Emery has something special too, dragonflies.  I have probably in my whole life have seen less then 5 dragonflies, until this pregnancy.  I live in the middle of a desert and I have seen more dragonflies then I ever have!!  In my backyard, at the park, everywhere.  After he is no longer with me I will always be able to remember every time I see a dragonfly how special my time with my son was to me.

Yesterday was our last ultrasound until we hold our son in our arms.  And boy is this little one stubborn!! :)  He spent the entire ultrasound with his head in my hip bone with his face buried in the placenta, making it quiet difficult to get a picture!!  It took my husband, the ultrasound tech and I all taking turns pushing him to one side of my belly to just move his face a little out of my hip!  Silly little boy.  Also the whole time he was drinking tons of fluid, and he looked like he was licking and trying to bite the placenta, it was too funny!!  He wiggled his tongue all over trying to get a drink, and ended up drinking so much that he gave himself the hiccups.  It was so special since we probably wouldn't have gotten to ever see him hiccup ever.  But it is good news he is drinking, it means that I wont fill up with fluid, and it also means if he survives delivery that he can eat as well. :)  I love love love that we had this amazing time to spend watching him.

After a long weekend that my daughter spent away with her cousin, the day ended so wonderfully.  We missed our little girl so much we finally had her back at home, plus the amazing ultrasound, then I got home to an email from a wonderful lady.  The email said she had finished the angel gown for my son.  She made not one but 2 gowns for him so that no matter what size he is, he has something that will fit him perfectly.  She also let me make a very special request to add the ribbon that tied up my wedding dress to it.  I mailed it to her on Friday and Tuesday I get an email saying that she finished both of them and made something out of the same material for my daughter.  HOW AMAZING.  She is such a wonderful lady, and I am so lucky to have found her.  I can't wait to see how the gowns turned out,  I am sure they are completely perfect and more amazing then I could have imagined.

It is such a tragedy that anyone has to go through losing a baby, but the women that have are really incredible amazing women.  They understand what your feeling in a way that even your husband can't.  I pray for these women to find peace, since its completely heartbreaking to go through a situation like this one.  Babies are such a gift, even the ones who unfortunately are not with us very long.

No comments:

Post a Comment