Monday, November 26, 2012

Finding the joy

Today was my appointment at the hospital to get registered for pre-admissions.  We decided to go with what hospital we thought would be the best to have him at.  Actually it was the other hospital then we planned on.  We originally wanted to have our son at the hospital that both my husband and I were born at, but after numerous bad experiences we picked the other one.  It is so much newer and the staff sees to love their jobs rather then be annoyed by your presence.  But the most sweet nurse helped get my paperwork done, she was also the one who gave my husband and I the tour.  Her name is Helen, and during the tour we told her about our son and his diagnoses she cried and hugged me, she is genuinely so sweet!!  She answered all my questions today, and the hospital is pretty willing to do whatever I want to make the best our of a sad experience.  It was so nice knowing I have all these people who are going to be helping me!  She also told me to have them call her when I was admitted so she can come see me and meet Emery.  I am glad I found such a great hospital, since I know many people are not that lucky and have a hard time getting anything they want.

Also I just wanted to say thanks so that the whole world can see it to the most amazing lady.  She made my son a gown to bury him in.  And actually she made 2 so that no matter what one will fit him.  Also I had sent her a ribbon from my wedding dress and she incorporated it into both gowns.  I cannot thank her enough for taking something so special to me and turning it into something beautiful and special for him.  She also included in the package a large fabric envelope for keepsakes, a prayer blanket for me and out of the same material as the gowns made my daughter a little purse, its so beautiful and thoughtful.  What a kind woman to have made so many special things for a stranger.



The blanket, envelope and one of the 2 gowns.

I am so glad I will have wonderful things for my little boy and his short time with us.  My mom made him a hat and sweater to dress him in while we having him.  My grandma made matching booties and a blanket.  And now something beautiful to lay him to rest in.  He will have everything he needs.  Especially a whole world of love!  He means so much to me and I am happy that I can give him such meaningful things. (since I certainly can't make these beautiful things myself).  

I am striving daily to find the joy.  And today I have in the hospital staff and the kindness of strangers all coming together to help me love on my little boy.



No comments:

Post a Comment