Thursday, November 15, 2012

So much to be thankful for...

One week from Thanksgiving and I am realizing how much in my life I have to be thankful for.  Even as life throws millions of curb balls at you, even ones that seem completely impossible to get around, it has a way of teaching you.  I am coming into what will be one of the hardest Thanksgivings I have had in my life.  I kept thinking about how hard it was going to be to find happiness when it was my son's only Thanksgiving, and he has to experience it from inside me.  I am looking for joy in each day I have with him and I think I learned a real lesson in how to be Thankful.  Though I am losing my son I have met so many amazing women who have sadly lost their own babies.  It has taught me to have an unreal amount of strength.  It has also showed me how much they have done for others just because they know how hard it is.  There are ladies who make baskets for the hospital to give to grieving mothers, or clothes for preemie's or terminally I'll babies.  I also met a lady who sadly lost her daughter.  I threw a crazy request out there asking if she would include part of my wedding dress in the burial gowns she makes.  She is so generous and I mailed off my piece to her today.  She also is making me 2 different sizes so that he has one to fit him no matter what.  I cannot ever thank her enough for making something so meaningful to me!!!  You are able to find thanks all over in many ways.  Life is hard and way to short to spend it not being thankful.  I love my family, and friends and all the new people I have met in my life.  I am thankful for any moment I have with my son and I will continue to treasure it for my entire lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment