Friday, January 18, 2013

37 weeks

Tomorrow I will be 37 weeks pregnant.  And there is 16 days left until February 4th, when they induce me.  This week was the first time I saw a counselor.  He told us he thought my husband and I had positives attitudes and were doing well to make the best out of a bad situation.  He also said he found it inspirational that we were trying to do what we felt was best for our son.  We will go back and see him again in a month and make sure we are doing ok.  Hopefully in a month we are able to still be inspirational.  It is going to be hard, no doubt about it but the strength we have I know we can pull through it.  I am lucky in my life to have good doctors, a hospital that seems willing to work with me, family who are behind us the whole was and a husband who is incredibly supportive of me and has so much love for his son.

Also had a doctors appointment today.  She said he must have had a growth spur and seemed surprised how big he was, not to mention how active!!  The nurse had a hard time checking the heartbeat because he was moving all over.  Then as my midwife was measuring my stomach to see how he had grown my belly looked like an alien as it was moving all over.  Next week they will check to see if there is a difference, but today she wasn't worried since I haven't had more contractions.

On another note not directly related to Emery, I have been thinking about making a website with all the resources I have come across that can be helpful to families experiencing losing a baby.  I plan to included all the websites and what they offer.  Also have a section with information just on anencephaly and how to deal with that diagnoses and things mothers have found helpful along the way.  I know when I was doing research it took me a while to come across anything and then I was still finding out about stuff long after I could have used it too.  I just want to make it easier to mothers to get the information they are looking for and I will take recommendations of pages to include as well.  I know that what I have chosen not to use may be exactly what another mother needs so I plan to do what I can to make it easier.  Though I have compiled a list so far I probably won't finish the website until after my son is born.  I am really excited to get to put this together, hopefully it will make someone's life a little easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment