Saturday, January 26, 2013

We are going to have our cake and eat it too!

After a whole pregnancy of wanting salty foods tonight Emery and I are craving SWEETS!!!  So I baked a cake for us for desert YUM.


 I added chocolate chips to the middle layer, and it was a little warm still so they all melted...so good!


My piece of cake :)

Good thing I didn't gain any weight this pregnancy, because this certainly is a lot of calories.  But I figured Emery is only inside a few days longer, he should get what he (we) want :)  

Yesterday Emery's sister and I went on a mini tour of the hospital just for her.  I wanted to show her around so she knew what she would be looking at in a few days.  The hospital is so great in allowing me to do that!  Also I had an appointment with my doctor, I will be induced on the 4th of February, may go in on the third though since he seems comfy where he is.  I don't mind where he is at, all up in my ribs, as close to my heart as he can be. 

I have been a cleaning freak today, cleaned out closets and all sorts of stuff.  Will be continued tomorrow when I have some more energy.

I am not sure whether Emery can hear or not but he does LOVE when his dad talks to him.  Yesterday we was bouncing all around and stopped anytime dad walked away.  It totally melted me, and his dad too I think.  He has such a personality, no matter what the doctors say.

As time grows closer I think I am at peace.  I am a little nervous and sad, but mostly I am just happy.  I am excited to hold him and kiss him.  I want to show him every ounce of our love.  I want to memorize his face and tickle his little toes.  Whether he is born into heaven, or has some amazing and very much appreciated time with us I am excited.  I can't wait to give him a bath and take a million pictures.  My time with my son may not be as long as I would ever chose but it will be some of the most treasured times of my life.  I will make sure to keep this updated as I can with information, and eventually pictures of my handsome little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment