Monday, January 21, 2013

Making memories

I have been cleaning like a freak today.  I want my whole house spotless (dream on right)  by the time Emery is born.  He did not like that I was cleaning though, tried tunneling through my ribs to a point where I couldn't bend over.   So what do I do?  Decide to laugh it off and fold laundry instead, but this little monkey got SO high up I had to fold laundry laying down.  I guess he just wanted to show off, and I didn't mind one bit.  I actually got a video of this monkey bouncing all over my belly!!  This silly son of mine got the hiccups and threw a temper tantrum.  He cracks me up.  I know he has a personality, even if the doctors say otherwise.  He has some sort of sense as whats going on.  Loud noises he freezes, the doppler is on my stomach he kicks it off, and he LOVES when my daughter talks to him.  I think my daughter loves it too, because she always comes up asking if he is kicking.  This time I have had with him has been so precious.

I have spent the better part of a year with my son in my life.  It was certainly not an easy year by any means, but it is one I will cherish for the time my son has been here.  Last night we painted my belly.  He bumped around as my daughter and husband painted all over.  It was so much fun, I am glad we were able to find some family time left before he was born.

My time with him is short.  And my emotions are much more of a roller coaster as his birthday draws near. I am so glad to find special moments with him.  He lights up my days, and it will be so strange without him bumping all over.  I know he will be guiding me and sending me strength from above.

Here is a picture of my painted belly.... it says we love u, and XO and has a heart, dragonfly, butterfly, flower, rainbow, cat and a bunch of other "stuff" too funny...


1 comment:

  1. I love this post! He is so adorable and I love his spunk <3. You're such a good mommy!

    I wanted to let you know I've nominated you for a Liebster Award! Read about it here and follow the instructions: http://imnotingwithoutyou.blogspot.com/2013/01/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete