Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Once upon a time....

Once upon a time....that is how many stories as long or complicated with ups and downs start.  But those stories always end happily ever after, and I am not ready to end my story that way.  Once upon a time, and happily ever after may not be appropriate phrases for the Emery's journey.  My story is just a little more complicated that a fairy tale.  

Today is 6 weeks since Emery was born.  It feels like yesterday and a lifetime all at once.  I have turned to God, believing in angels and heaven as a way to reunite with my son.  I have been thinking more and more about how people hold so much significance in a physical body, me included.  When someone we love dies, who is to say that just because their body is no longer with you that their spirit is not? You may not be able to see touch or hold your loved one, but I can't help but think they are near by when you need them.

This has been a difficult 6 weeks for me.  Besides having lost someone who I love SO much, life continues to get in my way!  I am making every effort to stay positive, but it is sure pushing every boundary I have.  When the bumps keep coming, it just makes me miss my son more.  I long to be able to hold him and kiss him after  a bad day.  My daughter doesn't want me to do that anymore, she thinks she is grown up!  I miss having a little one I can take care of and snuggle and squeeze when life is hard.  Emery sends me dragonflies every day which help boost my spirit, but I do wish I had him to hug!!  I know he is looking out, making sure I have the extra strength I need.

I found this online and think it is so perfect.  I have 2 beautiful children, though only one is in my home.  Sometimes I want to shout it out to the world!!  I miss my Emery today, glad I have my daughter around to keep me smiling through the day though!

No comments:

Post a Comment