Saturday, December 29, 2012

6 weeks left


As I sit here in a quiet house I thought I would update how everything is going.  Christmas was such a nice time with family, and we had gotten Emery some presents too since it was his only Christmas.  We got him some tiny socks and scratch mittens, and a wall hanging that says"babies are a gift they touch our hearts forever".  Then as gifts for myself I got a statue from my mom that's a mother holding a baby.  I absolutely love it!!  My mom also drew me a beautiful picture of my daughter and I when I was 20 weeks pregnant from a picture my husband took.  I also had a friend make him a picture of Eeyore with his name on it, I was so surprised but it was SO nice.  How can I forget, my favorite gift, from my daughter.  She got my husband and I a little fountain.  My grandparents took her to the store and told her she could pick out something for us and she picked it all by herself.  She said it will cheer my mom right up and explained that each of the spouts (there are 4) were for my husband, myself, her and Emery.  It was the most thoughtful gift ever and it came from a 4 year old!  She was even more excited to give us that then to open hers. The rest of my gifts were scrap-booking stuff so I can make him an awesome book and edit all the pictures.  It was such a great holiday and I have so many precious things for me that make me smile thinking of my son, its amazing.


Speaking of scrap-booking stuff, my shower is in a week.  I haven't heard from many people but it is fine if its small, what I really care about is the things from family.  I decided I am going to let my daughter come so she can decorate a page for his book too.  I also am planning on doing maternity pictures next weekend too.


Went to the doctor yesterday for my 34 week check up.  He has good growth and I have gained 2 pounds from last month, which is the only wait I have gained, and its still less then before pregnancy.  I think it is all him though, I am lots bigger over the past month.  I also told the doctor I thought I started to drop, not all the way, but he seems lots lower.  Which if I really have it could mean he is coming early, only time will tell though, whenever he is ready.


As his due date approaches I become more worried about what is to come.  I don't want to say goodbye yet.  But I am enjoying the time I have left with him, and planning ahead for any outcome.  I still have a few things left to do so he better enjoy where he is for now.  My house needs to be completely cleaned out, and I am well on the way but have more to do.  I need to have my camera cleared off so I can take as many pictures as possible.  I need to finish packing my bag, and my daughters bag(waiting on laundry). I need to check over my birth plan and give copies to my family so they know the plan as well.  I need to make a list of phone numbers I need and make copies for my family too.  I need to put together the book I plan to bring to the hospital for him. I am getting there but still have more to do.  I hope to have this all done in the next week so then no matter what we are ready.

Here are pictures....










1 comment:

  1. Ashley, this is such a hard thing you're having to go through and I can't imagine being in your shoes. You are so strong and Marlee and Emery are lucky to have you as a mommy. I miss you. Also, know that you, Randall, and your babies are in my prayers daily. You are an inspiration.
    xo, stella

    ReplyDelete