Wednesday, December 12, 2012

How things have been going.

Christmas is coming up fast this year.  For being such a difficult year it has gone by VERY fast.  But as I sit here with all the holiday shopping done I am a little sad at the things I see in front of me. I really was excited to get to buy presents for my son for Christmas.  He already has all that he will need for his short time with us.  (pretty spoiled actually)  But I wish the holidays were going to be different, if it wasn't for my daughter I think I would just skip the whole day.  But her happiness will make everything better, and I will do my best to enjoy it since it is my son's only Christmas, it just is stuck inside my belly.

But he is doing well.  He got the hiccups 3 times yesterday, silly boy.  After the 3rd time he threw himself all over, made me wonder if he was frustrated or uncomfortable.  The doctors told me he cant feel and think but  I swear sometimes the way he reacts he must know a little bit.  After talking to other mom's of anencephaly babies they said that their children had reactions to different things such as fireworks.  And anyone who had any babies who survived for any time at all said they certainly had their own personalities.  It made me happy to hear because as I see him and feel him move I definitely think he has a personality.  He is different then my daughter was for sure, and watching him on ultrasound is probably the cutest thing ever!!  I have also found out that any time I give into cravings he is happy! He wiggles and bounces all over as if to say thanks mom that's just what I wanted!!  He has also made me SO sick when I ate something he didn't think I should.  I had times where he got so far in my belly it blocked any food from getting digested and of course it had to come out the other end.... disgusting, I know but pretty funny. It certainly seems like he knows what he wants!!!


Also on the medical side of things, he is measuring on track.  I started doing it at home since I am SO much smaller with him then I was with my daughter.  (picture to the right is my proof, exactly 2 months before my due dates each one) I will have an official measurement from the doctors office on Friday.  I will also find out how early we can schedule my induction.  I want to know far ahead of time so we can get everything done that we need to do.  Like plan photographers, and someone to be there to bless him.  Plus coordinating the family, and trying to make sure his birthday falls between my mother in law's and my brothers birthdays.  I sure hope we can plan it this far ahead, but I will have to wait and find out.



No comments:

Post a Comment