Sunday, December 23, 2012

Twas a few night before Christmas...

It is the night before Christmas Eve and I have all my shopping done.  I was done for weeks getting everyone stuff but I decided today that even though Emery has everything he needs I wanted to still get him something special.  This will be his only Christmas and I can't just ignore that.  This little unborn baby has made such an impact on my life he certainly deserves a present whether he will ever know the difference.  At first I thought about an ornament, but I really want to wait and have a special one with his birthday on it, and hang it on our tree next year as he spends his first Christmas in Heaven.  My daughter is thrilled to have gotten something for him, she wants to wrap it, and then reopen it for him.  It is so sweet.

Our Christmas will be spent with my family, opening gifts and just being together.  I am looking forward to a relaxing time and hoping it isn't too sad to get through knowing I wont ever watch my boy tear open his presents.  I am determined though to make it the best time possible for his Christmas, and seeing my daughters joy will certainly help that.  Apparently she bought us a present with my grandparents, and she is about to BURST not telling us what it is.  She is so proud of herself to have gotten us something, she keeps saying it will cheer you up, then slaps her hand to her mouth and says "I CANT TELL YOU!"

Emery is growing bigger every day, getting hiccups often still too.  33 weeks down, only 7 left at most.  I have had some contractions the past few days, nothing regular but it made me sure I have everything I need now.  After Christmas I will finish packing and cleaning the house(unless someone wants to clean for me! HA)  so that no matter what we are ready if he decides he is coming early.  Since with his condition, there are no guidelines, we take it as it comes and anything could happen.

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and Happy holidays.  Count your blessings this year.  I have learned over and over this year to count your blessings no matter how small you think they may be, there always is a lot to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment