Monday, February 18, 2013

Thank you's are not enough...

I wonder why someone would be so horrible to say such awful things about someone elses child.  I was reading about another mom who had lost a child to anencephaly as well and people were commenting saying such rude things to the family.  I mean come on!  Isn't it enough to have just lost a child??  I have been very blessed to avoid all the negative comments and rude people so far, but I wish no one had to deal with that.  Every parent, no matter what the case is with their child wishes they could show off their kid, and they should have EVERY right to be proud of their children.   I know personally I am immensely proud of my own son.  I do not judge anyone who does not want to carry to term but I am so very thankful that I did.  People are so harsh and unkind.  As I hear these terrible stories I am more and more thankful to have the family and friends I do.  I also am thankful for the new people I have met during this journey.  It makes me happy to share his story and have so many people interested in hearing about him, I feel special, and am lucky to share how special he was.
SO Thank you for the love, support, and prayer again.  I know I have said it before but I am truely blown away by how many people care about the life we gave our son.  I hope that if one other family was unsure if they could make it through this they can read my story and know its possible!  It is possible to give your child a birthday, to see you baby's face.  No matter what hardships you face in the awful journey of losing a child having the pictures and memories make it all so worth it.  Loving your baby isn't a hard thing to do, saying goodbye is the hard part, and unfortunately, sometimes you have no choice.
I love my son, and will miss him every day.  I keep my eyes peeled for dragonflies and have been so thankful to see them often.  I know it is him saying "I am ok mom".  My beautiful guardian angel is keeping his eyes out for me to keep my spirits up.  No matter how hard these past few weeks have been I smile seeing pictures of my son, holding my heart of his weight, and remembering the very short time we spent together.  My son was so loved and was, and always will be one of the greatest blessings of my life, he has taught me endless love and strength and made me find a faith I never knew I had.  Thank you Emery for being my miracle.  Even though thank you's are not enough!

Look at my strong little man!!
What a fighter :)

No comments:

Post a Comment