Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day

When I was pregnant, each holiday we did a little something special for Emery.  Knowing they would be his only holiday I tried to find ways to include him.  I dressed up goofy on Halloween, and he got presents on Christmas.  This is the first holiday without him around.  He is still in my heart as much as ever, and Valentines day is about showing your loved ones, that you love them right?  Since we are all about the unconventional ways of things now after losing our son I am excited my boy will be home for Valentines.  8 days ago we had to give him up and then we went to say goodbye, but today he is coming home.  I get to go pick up his ashes in a few hours.  The idea of him being away has been so stressful, I think having him home will put me back into a place of peace.  I will know he is near by.  SO best part of my Valentines day will be enjoying and loving my family, even my little boy :)

I think I still want to try to find a moment of the holiday's just to do something for him.  Maybe today I will take some time aside and work on his baby book/scrapbook.  I will get to look through his pictures which just melt me.

Just because your loved one isn't by your side, doesn't mean you can't show them they are loved.  I am lucky to have an angel watching over me, knowing that I care, even if it is harder then having him by my side.


No comments:

Post a Comment